DIY Framed Spooning Decor

10:00 AM Jessica 0 Comments




For the last several weeks I’ve seen many different versions of this project on Pinterest. I of course, wanted to make one to.  I think it is hilarious and adorable!  I think it is perfect for any gift (birthday, anniversary, wedding etc.) and would be a great addition for your own home.  I made this one as a gift but plan to make another one for my kitchen since it is so easy, cheap and cute! 

I could never find a very good tutorial of how to create this on Pinterest, so (like most of my projects), I created my own method.  This is how I made it:

Step 1:  Gather Supplies
  • Frame
  • 2 Spoons
  • Background Paper (optional)
  • Printed Saying
  • Hot Glue or other strong glue
  • Tape or Glue (if you don't want to use hot glue on papers)
  • Scissors
 
Step 2: Cut Out Both the Background Paper and Printed Saying

I found it easiest to plan where I wanted to place the saying before cutting them out.  That way I could make sure to do it the right size.  I also printed out several different sizes of my saying because I wasn't sure how big I wanted them to be.  I decided to use crafting scissors to create a fun border but you can do whichever way you would like.

Step 3:  Tape or Glue Papers to the Background of the Frame

I decided to use tape so that I could move them around if I needed to.



Step 4:  Hot Glue Spoons to Back of Frame

Hot glue both the bottom handle of the spoon and the rounded part (where you eat from) using a generous amount of glue.  Press and hold for a few seconds to make sure it will hold. 

The End Result

 I think this turned out great and I can't wait to give it as a gift!

If you don't want to miss any of my latest projects or other inspirations you can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, or Bloglovin'

You can also subscribe to my page to get all the latest updates straight to your email.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

0 comments: