DIY Wall Art Using Cardboard

3:04 PM Jessica 0 Comments


     I think my living room is finally decorated how I like it! In just a few weeks I was able to turn my blank walls into a room showing personality and feel like home.  I did this with a mixture of do it yourself projects, apartment therapy tricks and budget tips.  I'll post pictures of the whole room soon to show you the overall look (since I'm so excited how it turned out!).

   Now back to the project, I created this project using cardboard and wall paper in less than 10 minutes and for only $1!  It was the easiest project I've made so far and it goes great with my other living room decor.  This is a tutorial of how I did it.


Step 1: Gather Supplies
  • Cardboard
  • Measuring Tape (if you want it precise)
  • Box Cutter
  • Wrapping Paper
  • Scissors
  • Masking Tape
  • Wire, rope or string
Step 2: Measure how big you would like cardboard to length then cut them out. 
I decided to use measurements of a cereal box because they were the perfect size for how I wanted them.


Step 3.  Use wrapping paper to cover one side of the cardboard.
Just wrap it up like a present.  I found it easier to only cover one side the next step was easier.


Step 4: Tape a small piece of wire, rope or string to the back of the cardboard.
Since cardboard is relatively light you can use wire, rope or string to use as a hanging piece for your art.  I used wire and taped it instead of poking it through the cardboard so I wouldn't create a bulge or poke through the wall paper in the front.

The End Result

I really like how this turned out and hope you do too!

Tips to create this craft cheaper:
  1. Wallpaper: If you don't have any already on hand try to find it at Dollar Tree.  That is where I got mine, they have tons of patterns for only $1.
  2. Cardboard: If you don't have any already, check out your local businesses, they have TONS they usually either throw away or recycle.  If you ask they often will be very happy to give it to their customers. 
Have you done any other projects using cardboard?  I would love for more ideas!
Don't forget to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter to see my latest projects, lists and other inspirations.

For more wall art ideas using cardboard check out 
http://calllifecrazy.blogspot.com/2015/07/eat-cardboard-letter-art-for-under-1.html

http://calllifecrazy.blogspot.com/2015/07/cardboard-masterpiece-for-only-3.html



Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

0 comments: